THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR SKIN WHEN YOU SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP
I HAVE A VERY STRICT SKINCARE ROUTINE! I’M ALWAYS MAKING SURE THAT I’M WASHING MY FACE TWICE A DAY, APPLYING ALL OF MY TREATMENTS, AND MOISTURIZING. DON’T SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP! IT’S SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN TOLD TO US BY BEAUTY EXPERTS, OUR MOMS, FRIENDS, ETC.! BUT LET’S BE HONEST, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A STRICT SKINCARE ROUTINE, THERE ARE TIMES WHERE I WOULD FALL ASLEEP WITH MY MAKEUP ON OR JUST DON’T FEEL LIKE GETTING UP TO REMOVE ALL OF THE MAKEUP THAT I WORE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. IN THE BACK OF MY MIND, I AM THINKING “IT’S JUST A LITTLE BIT OF FOUNDATION. IT’S NOT GOING TO HURT”. CHECK OUT MY VIDEO BELOW TO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY TIPS AND TRICKS!
1.) CLOGGED PORES
THIS IS PRETTY MUCH A GIVEN! SLEEPING IN DAY-OLD MAKEUP IS GOING TO CLOG YOUR PORES FROM ALL OF THE DIRT AND OIL WHICH ESSENTIALLY IS GOING TO CAUSE BREAKOUTS.
2.) DRY SKIN
EVEN THOUGH I HAVE OILY SKIN, I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN I DO SLEEP IN MY MAKEUP, I’LL WAKE UP TO MY SKIN BEING EXTREMELY DRY! WONDER WHY? WELL WHEN YOU REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP BEFORE BED, YOU’RE GIVING YOUR SKIN A CHANCE TO BREATHE. WHEN YOU DON’T REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP, IT’S SUCKING ALL OF THE NATURAL OILS OUT OF YOUR SKIN.
3.) AGING SKIN
SLEEPING IN YOUR MAKEUP CAN STOP THE PROCESS OF BUILDING COLLAGEN, CAUSES WRINKLES, AND DULLNESS IN YOUR SKIN.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP?
WHENEVER I FALL ASLEEP WITH MY MAKEUP ON, I WAKE UP WITH INSTANT REGRET! SIMPLY BECAUSE I’M NOT SURE HOW MY SKIN IS GOING TO REACT AND I’M THINKING ABOUT ALL OF THE BREAKOUTS I POTENTIALLY HAVE. THE FIRST THING I DO IS CHANGE MY PILLOWCASES AND SHEETS. WHY DO ALL OF THE WORK TO BRING YOUR SKIN BACK TO NORMAL IF YOU’RE GOING TO SLEEP ON THE SAME DIRTY PILLOWCASES. IT KINDA DEFEATS THE PURPOSE RIGHT? AFTER THAT, I LIKE TO DOUBLE CLEANSE MY FACE. FIRST I’LL CLEAN THE LEFTOVER MAKEUP WITH A MAKEUP WIPE THEN WASH MY FACE TWICE WITH MY FACIAL CLEANSER. I LIKE TO MAKE SURE I HAVE GOTTEN RID OF ALL THE LEFTOVER MAKEUP. AFTER MY FACE IS CLEAN, I LIKE TO GO IN WITH A DETOXIFYING MASK.  I SLEPT IN MY MAKEUP LAST NIGHT SIMPLY BECAUSE I WAS LAZY AND I KNEW IT WAS A BAD IDEA BUT, I WENT AHEAD AND DID IT ANYWAY. AFTER I USED THIS MASK, MY SKIN FELT AMAZING! IT FELT SO CLEAN AND MY SKIN WAS SMOOTH AND HYDRATED. THIS MASK IS PERFECT TO USE 2-3 TIMES A WEEK FOR 5-10 MINUTES AND IT’S PERFECT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES! LASTLY, I WILL TONE AND MOISTURIZE AND NOW MY SKIN IS BACK TO NORMAL!
HAVE YOU EVER SLEPT IN YOUR MAKEUP? IF SO, HOW DO YOU TREAT YOUR SKIN AFTERWARD?

1. Tonya Tardiff
    July 2, 2018 / 5:57 pm

I am the worst about sleeping in my makeup! When I keep makeup wipes on my nightstand that usually helps me! A face mask usually helps the next day.

2. July 2, 2018 / 8:22 pm

I have such a bad habit of doing this. I always feel awful the next day because my skin feels heavy and gross.

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

3. July 3, 2018 / 12:29 am

I never ever sleep in my makeup for all of these reasons you mentioned! Thankfully that hasn’t been a habit of mine. I try to even just do a wipe if I’m too tired!

4. Nailil
    July 3, 2018 / 3:07 am

I don’t wear much make up but it’s good really good to know the importance of not sleeping with make up on.
    Xx, Nailil

5. July 3, 2018 / 5:21 am

Such a great post! I try my best to not sleep in any makeup, it’s a commitment but is so important!

6. July 3, 2018 / 9:26 am

Yes!! Never sleep with your makeup on. It’s a big no-no! I’m glad you have enumerated the reasons.

7. Sharon Wu
    July 3, 2018 / 2:26 pm

omg ugh i can NEVER sleep with makeup on no matter how tired i am for these exact reasons! i break out really easily too, even when i take perfect care of my skin lol so there’s no chance anyone will find me sleeping or even really napping in my makeup. great pointers darl!

• thelifewithnicole
      July 8, 2018 / 1:36 pm

Now I’m bad with napping with makeup on lol! You are disciplined girl!

• thelifewithnicole
      July 8, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Baby steps! LOL

July 3, 2018 / 8:10 pm

I regret all the times I used to sleep in my makeup back in high school. I’m sure it has so much to do with my problematic skin now. I avoid it at all cost now, and take great care to eliminate every trace of makeup (sometimes using 3 kinds of makeup removers) before I sleep!

• thelifewithnicole
      July 8, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Ugh I so regret sleeping in my makeup in high school!

9. July 4, 2018 / 1:03 am

I always try and make sure I take my makeup off every night. I try and put it in a routine with taking out my contacts and putting my eye cream and moisturizer.

10. July 4, 2018 / 2:33 am

This is so important to remove your makeup before sleepings. I totally agree with you!

11. July 5, 2018 / 5:12 pm

Yikes! I confess that I sleep in my makeup at least once everyone two weeks or so and it wreaks havoc on my skin! Thanks for the good info!

12. July 5, 2018 / 9:19 pm

Which is why one should never go to sleep with makeup on his/her face! I’ve done it so many times and each time I regretted it! LOL xo, Suzanne

13. adriana
    July 6, 2018 / 12:57 am

So eye opening and important to read! It’s so important to take it all off regardless of how tired you are- I know I’ve been there!

14. July 8, 2018 / 4:28 pm

So many great tips here! I am never sleeping with makeup again!

15. July 9, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I never go to bed with makeup on! It is important to take care of your skin!

16. July 9, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Ugh, I’m so guilty of going to sleep without wiping off my makeup sometimes. I know it’s so bad for my skin but some nights I’m so tired! I’ve been keeping makeup remover wipes next to my bed so it happens a lot less often now.

17. July 9, 2018 / 3:18 pm

I get the worst guilt from sleeping in my make-up, it’s such a gross feeling waking up in the morning!

Birdie Shoots