Tech Guide: Blogging Essentials

On my latest vlog, I received a couple of comments asking which vlogging camera I use. I figured I would share all of the equipment I use! I think it’s very important to invest in quality equipment. Make sure you do your research and figure out what’s best for you.

1.) Canon Rebel T6: When I launched my blog, this was the first camera I decided to purchase. I got it at a really great deal during Christmas and it’s one of the best investments I have made for my business. I use it to film YouTube videos and shoot content for the blog. I highly suggest invest in different lenses for different uses. I recommend the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens. If you’re just starting out with your blog or photography, the Canon Rebel series is great! Very user friendly and affordable.

2.) Canon G7x Mark ii: I recently purchased this camera because I wanted to step up my vlogging game a little bit. I like this camera because it’s portable and great for traveling. Unlike my Canon Rebel T6, I can throw my G7x in my purse and I’m ready to capture the moment.

3.) iPhone 8 plus: Yes, you can capture quality photos and videos with your iPhone! The camera quality has gotten so much better over time and it’s so convenient since you’re always on your phone anyway right?

1.) LimoStudio Softbox Lighting Kit and Umbrella Lighting Kit: The LimoStudio lighting kits were the first lighting accessories I have invested in since starting blogging and YouTube. They are very affordable on amazon and very high quality!

2.) Canon EOS Utility: This is a free software download that you can utilize with your Canon EOS Camera. I like to hook up my camera to a monitor and use the monitor as a viewfinder when I’m filming YouTube Videos.

1.) External iPhone Charger: There’s nothing worse than having your phone die in the middle of Instagram Stories right? Be prepared with a backup iPhone charger!

2.) Beats Wireless Earphones: Perfect for editing videos, coffee shop work sessions, traveling and working out!

3.) Pop Socket: I thought these things were stupid at first, but they are very functional! Perfect for taking selfies, texting, and watching videos on your phone

4.) LaCie Rugged Portable External Hard Drive: As a content creator with my own little corner of the internet, it’s important to back up and save your work! I cannot tell you how many times I have lost work because I didn’t back it up. Since I also create content for YouTube, videos can take up a lot of space of my computer.

5.) MacBook Pro Charger: I learned this the hard way when my charger finally decided to give out. I purchased two more of these for backup incase something happens. As a blogger, we work on our computers daily and not having the charger cable will slow down your work flow.

1. August 27, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Great tech guide! I have a nice Canon DSLR but find it to be too bulky at times for trips, etc and sometimes wish I could have a more portable camera too.

August 27, 2018 / 8:14 pm

These are great to have handy. I got my camera in 2012, so I have the Rebel t2i, which is quite old – but mostly does the trick. I’m hoping after my wedding, I can save up for the 5d mark IV! It’s spectacular! I definitely agree that a portable charger is necessary – and box lights too. I’m obsessed with mine for taking indoor photos later in the day or on a cloudy day!

3. Mary Powers
    August 27, 2018 / 9:48 pm

I have the same canon and love it! Great post!!

4. August 28, 2018 / 2:24 am

looved that you shared all these! i’ve been on the hunt for a better vlogging camera that isn’t as bulky as my eos 80d!

5. August 28, 2018 / 6:16 am

Ooh I’ve heard awesome reviews about the Canon G7x! Definitely looking into it, it sounds like a really great camera!!

6. August 28, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Yes! This is a great list! Isn’t it funny how functional pop sockets really are? Lol!

7. Nataly
    August 28, 2018 / 4:26 pm

What a great post! Wish I had this when starting my blog!

8. Tonya Tardiff
    August 28, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Yes to all of this! I have multiple portable chargers that I bring with me everywhere haha

9. August 29, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Yes to all of this! Bloggers need all the techie accessories.

10. August 29, 2018 / 12:44 pm

Yes, these are all necessities for me! I also would add that a tripod is important too!

11. Nailil
    August 30, 2018 / 2:59 am

Loving the techy items you’re sharing in this post. I have a pair of beats and I use them all the time. I don’t really know what I’d do without them. I mean, I work with them, run, and more.

Xx, Nailil

12. September 1, 2018 / 12:01 am

Such a great guide! The LaCie Rugged Portable External Hard Drive seems to what I need!!

13. September 2, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. I need to get a new camera one of these days, but I feel like the iPhone does take pretty good pictures.