Ways to Relax during the Holiday Season

Happy Monday!! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday! This year is seriously flying by. The end of November and December are always crazy busy. Holiday parties, family gatherings, travel, events, tends to make the last days of the year fly by. With everything going on, it’s so easy to get stressed and burned out. This season, I plan to “try” to relax, go offline, and enjoy the Holiday Season!

1.) Know when to say ‘no’

This is something that I have been teaching myself to do all year long. It’s okay to say no and please do not feel bad about it. During this time of the year, it’s easy to stretch yourself too thin. There will always be another party, dinner, or event to go to. You can only do so much being ONE person, prioritize and figure out what’s important — whether that be with work, errands, etc.

2.) Plan Early

This is one of the best ways to avoid holiday stress. This means doing your gift shopping, grocery shopping (if you’re hosting, having friends/family in town), to do lists and more.

3.) Stick to your Daily Routines

During the holidays, we tend to use the “holiday season” as an excuse to go against your daily routines. Take the time to continue to eat healthy, go to the gym, enjoy your cup of coffee in the morning.

4.) Follow a Budget

This is so important!!! It is so easy to over spend during this time of the year. Following a budget also goes hand in hand with planning early. I have noticed in the past if I wait until the last minute, I tend to overspend and my bank account is not happy.

5.) Take time for yourself

Self care is the best care! Always remember that. Take a few minutes out of your day to just sit down!!! Indulge in your favorite reality tv show, eat the chocolate, take a bath, etc. What ever you feel like is the best for you, do it!

Also, remember that the holiday season can be a very stressful and depressing moment for some. Especially if this time of the year has taken a toll on you in the past. Be nice to each other, take care of each other and have fun!!

1. November 19, 2018 / 5:26 pm

These are great tips! You’re right; it’s so easy to get swept up in the craziness of the holidays. I can’t believe it’s already that time of year!!

2. November 20, 2018 / 12:49 am

I like that you allow yourself to say No and not feel bad. We’re busy as it is, it’s ok to take a break and not go to everything, just the stuff that’s important and meaningful 🙂

Wishing you a wonderful holiday,

xx
    Lauren

3. nataly
    November 20, 2018 / 12:40 pm

I needed this! The holidays are always super stressful!

4. November 20, 2018 / 1:31 pm

These are all so true and so important to do. Add all of these up and it would make a more relaxing holiday season!

5. November 20, 2018 / 8:58 pm

All great tips – especially about making time for yourself! As an introvert, if I don’t have some me time, I start getting anxious!

6. November 20, 2018 / 10:22 pm

I think the biggest thing I’ve had to learn is to say ‘no’ – not just to social events but also to work as well. I can’t wait for a little R&R over the Christmas period!

7. Tonya Morris
    November 20, 2018 / 11:13 pm

I needed to hear all of this! Definitely need to get better at saying “no” this time of year!

8. November 25, 2018 / 6:23 pm

Holiday’s can be super stressful. I really need to learn to say “no”. I feel I over commit which leads to stress. I’ll keep these tips in mind.

9. adriana
    November 26, 2018 / 1:48 am

Such great tips! It’s so important to remember to take care of YOU during such a busy time!

10. November 26, 2018 / 2:03 am

these are all great tips but i struggle with staying on budget this time of year usually LOL! especially with all the black friday sales i feel like i’ve already fallen off the bandwagon and xmas shopping hasn’t even begun yet. otherwise, i’m totally relaxed! hahaha

11. November 26, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Love these tips! no and budget are my rules too!! Thanks for sharing this

12. November 26, 2018 / 7:30 pm

I find the best way to relax during the holidays is to unplug from the social media world, eat a lot of great food, spending time with my pooch and long hot baths (with a tv if you’re lucky) xo, Suzanne

13. November 26, 2018 / 8:28 pm

Great tips and much needed! 🙂 Thanks girl.